Sapphire Group Pty Ltd is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Sapphire Nova Limited is bound by the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) in the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ). We have adopted internal policies and procedures to ensure that personal information that we collect, store, use and disclose is dealt with in accordance with the APPs and the IPPs. You can see the full text of the APPs online at www.privacy.gov.au and the IPPs at www.privacy.org.nz.
Information we collect
In order to provide our customers with our products and services, we may collect and use personal information about them. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services to you, and you or your organisation may not be able to participate in future offers of goods or services which we supply.
We may collect the following types of information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- credit card details (if you buy products from us, however credit card numbers are not stored in any form by us on any internal or external database);
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number;
- proof of identity, such as your driver’s licence or passport number; or
- a photograph or video surveillance recording of you if you are physically present in our stores.
How we collect your personal information
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means); or
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions or special events.
How we store your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, secure internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) form, this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files. We maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the user name and password you use to access and use our website.
We are not responsible or liable for the security of data sent via the internet.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information so that we can:
- provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- inform you of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you;
- answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we and our related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- consider and respond to complaints made by you; or
- comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
Except as indicated above, we will not disclose your personal information to a third party unless:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the third party is a credit reporting agency, your creditor, banker, financier, credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the disclosure is to a related entity; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
Data Collection and Accuracy
We will endeavour to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to create accurate records of any personal information about you provided to us. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming ongoing accuracy of your personal information.
Should any of your personal details change, you may update your details by logging into your account. Should you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may opt out of communications from us by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email we send you.
Alternatively, please contact our customer services team via the Contact Us form or on (+61) 2 9757 3080 (our lines are open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (AEST/AEDT) stating your exact name, email address and postal address.
If you advise us that your personal information is no longer accurate we will make corrections as far as is practicable. Please update your records if any of the information you submitted during registration changes.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting the security of your data, both on and off line. For security reasons we strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email and only use the secure facility provided on our website.
Although we do our best to protect any personal information which you submit, the internet is not completely secure and as such we cannot guarantee the security of your data submitted to us through our website or any Application. Any transmission is at your own risk.
We may use your personal information to advise you of new products and services offered by us or our retail brands, partners or suppliers via email, SMS, or regular mail. This may include product or service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile.
We do not disclose your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing their products or services to you, unless you have expressly consented to that disclosure.
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our website. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited.
- identify items in your shopping basket;
- keep track of your current order;
- help identify you as you move around our website; and
- provide site usage information which, together with purchasing information, will help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
These cookies do not store any personal information. You will need to enable cookies in order to use our website to register your details and to make purchases.
How you may access your information
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us.
You may also access your own information where it is held via an online portal by accessing your own account over the internet.
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail) and we will not charge a fee.
However, where your request for access impacts on the privacy or safety of others, is frivolous or vexatious, there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings or the access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency, we may deny your request for access. If we deny your access, we will let you know why.
Correction of your personal information
We always try to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 48 hours and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation, our response may take additional time.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
We are likely to disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a the provision of our goods and services.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information are subject to privacy obligations comparable to those in Australia or New Zealand (as applicable).
- via email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- via our Contact Usform;
- by writing to Sapphire Group Pty Limited, Unit 12, 2-8 South Street, Rydalmere NSW 2116, Australia;
- between 9am and 9pm (AEST/AEDST) weekdays via Facebookor Instagram (@GlasshouseFragrances). (Note, if contacting us via Social Media, please Private or Direct Message us so as to keep your personal details private.); and
- between 9am and 5pm (AEST/AEDT) Monday to Friday by telephone on +61 2 9757 3080.