COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FLORENCE MOTHER’S DAY PROMOTION
16 April - 10 May 2017
1. This competition is conducted by The Sapphire Group Pty Ltd ABN 361 206 315 21 ("Promoter"), Unit 12, 2-8 South St, Rydalmere NSW, Sydney 2116, Australia and Luxury Escapes Travel Pty Ltd (“Partner”) ABN 16 150 650 927 of 50-56 York Street South Melbourne VICTORIA 3205.
2. Entry to the competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter forms part of these terms and conditions of the competition.
3. The competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are residents of Australia aged 18 years or older as at time of entry; and (ii) are not employees of the Promoter or Partner or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; and (iii) are not a spouse, de-facto partner, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) or parent of such an employee ("Eligible Entrant"); and (iv) agree to accept marketing and promotional material from the Promoter, at a minimum, for the duration of the promotion.
4. There will be one (1) promotion conducted during the promotional period outlined below. All valid competition entries will be judged by the Promoter as per the schedule below with one (1) final winner to be notified via email and phone. The winner’s name will also be published on the Glasshouse Fragrances Website, Facebook and Instagram pages on the date outlined below. The Promoter reserves the right to extend, withdraw or cancel the competition at their own discretion without any obligation to compensate entrants. Late entries will not be eligible to enter.
There is one prize draw:
Judging and winner notification complete by
9am AEST on Sunday 16th April 2017
5pm AEST on Wednesday 10th May 2017
Friday 12th May 2017
5. This competition is a game of skill and entrants are required to enter on the promotional page hosted at www.glasshousefragrances.com. To enter and be eligible to win, entrants must during the promotional period go online http://www.glasshousefragrances.com.au/blog/win-a-trip-to-florence.html and complete the competition form and answer in 25 words or less their response to the question “In 25 words or less, tell us about a time your mum saved the day”.
Failure to submit a valid entry will render that entry void, and will not be considered by the Promoter at the time of judging. All entries must include the correct contact details including full name, email and phone number. This information will be used to contact you should you be successful.
6. The entries will be judged on creativity, literary merit and originality. All entries must be unique and original and not contain extracts from other published material.
7. Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars. Total prize pool value is approximately $12,500. This includes return economy airfares, 5 nights’ accommodation in Florence with breakfast included each day and one (1) five star dinner for two. This is available to two (2) adults. In addition to this the winner will also receive two (2) x Florence 350g candles. These will be despatched to the winner within 7 days following the announcement of the competition and making contact to confirm and verify winner details and information.
8. Travel must be taken between 1st August 2017 to 31st July 2018, subject to availability. All services included must be redeemed during your stay.
9. Blackout dates apply from the 20th December 2017 – 10th January 2018.
10. The promoter accepts no responsibility for a variation in the value of the prize as quoted in these terms and conditions. In the event that the prize component as listed cannot be offered at the time of fulfilment at the fault for the Promoter, a replacement prize will be offered of equivalent value (at the combined discretion of the Promoters).
11. Unless expressly stated in these Terms & Conditions, all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner (and their companion) including but not limited to spending money, visas, transport to and from departure and arrival points, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, additional activities, gratuities, service charges, travel insurance, pre and post accommodation optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs.
12. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of promotion going live (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If a prize, or element/s of a prize, is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for that prize or element of it. Prizes are at the Promoter's discretion and this decision is final.
14. All prizes must be claimed within one week of notification and announcement. (The agreed prize claim date is Thursday 25th May 2017). If the Prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date or the entry is deemed invalid, the next best entry, as determined by the judge(s) shall be awarded the Prize. This will take place the following day from the claim date at 1100hrs AEST the “Promoters” address, and each subsequent claim date.
15. By ticking the opt-in box on the form provided, you consent to becoming a subscriber and to receiving The Promoter’s email newsletter, any special offers or site update information that we think may be of interest to you. By ticking the opt-in box you also agreed to subscribe to both Glasshouse Fragrances and Luxury Escapes newsletters.
We will not sell, rent or share your personally-identifiable information with any other third parties without your consent. Subscribers are given the opportunity to 'opt-out' of receiving emailed information or other correspondence, by simply clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. To re-subscribe simply go to the Email section of the website and re-provide your details.
16. The prizes are not redeemable for cash, store or online credits and cannot be transferred or exchanged.
17. All entrants can only enter once.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
19. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
20. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
21. The Promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
22. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
23. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
24. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
25. The Promoter and Partners shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
26. If for any reason, this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoters reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition subject to any written directions given under State Legislation.
27. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoters (including it officers, employees, agents and Partners) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a) Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c) Any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether on not after receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters.
d) Any variation in prize value to that stated in these conditions of entry;
e) Any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant;
f) the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; and/or
g) Participation in the prize.
28. Once any prizes or vouchers have left the Promoters’ premises, the Promoters and their associated agencies take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or if lost in transit.
29. The Promoters reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoters have reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoters’ legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.